A true southern affair including a celebrity chef and leading winemakers & winery owners from the west coast will be the new “must-attend” event of the Kentucky Derby Season. Set for May 1 & 2, the inaugural A Toast to Oxmoor Estate will raise funds for the restoration and preservation of this national historic property (pictured). With an emphasis on hospitality, fine food and spectacular wine, this signature event for Oxmoor Estate will host an intimate number of 300 guests.
Why this is timely – A limited stock of 40 pairs of tickets (15 pairs of VIP tickets and 25 General Admission pairs) to the May 1st A Toast of Oxmoor Estate will be released at special rates for holiday gifting. The reduced rates will only be available for the tickets purchased and picked up in December.
– VIP tickets offered at $500 ($600 value) for a pair. Only 15 pairs will be sold at the special holiday rate.
– General Admission tickets offered at $250 ($300 value). Only 25 pairs will be sold at the special rate.
* How to purchase – To purchase and reserve tickets for pick-up, please e-mail Shirley Harmon, estate director: email@example.com or call 502.640.4138.
Ticket pick-up arrangements – The holiday-boxed offering will be available for pick up at the beautiful Oxmoor Estate Saturday, December 9 and Tuesday, December 12 from noon -2 p.m. Patrons will be welcomed and offered sparkling wine, hot chocolate and sweet treats.
Adding to the holiday shopping experience, A Toast of Oxmoor Estate Committee Chair Michelle Mandro’s recently released lifestyle book (pictured below), Wine Country Women of Napa Valley will be available on-site during the pick-up events. Mandro adds, “It’s the perfect holiday gift for any wine enthusiast, foodie or female professional on your gift list! To further support the Friends of Oxmoor Fund, $10 from each book sold will be donated.” Mandro will be present to autograph or personalize any copies, which will be available for $55
About A Toast to Oxmoor Estate – Mandro is combining her passion as an epicurean and her pride and love of all things southern to create this event which doesn’t currently exist in Louisville. Together with her committee she hopes to help preserve and restore the beautiful Oxmoor Estate, “It’s plantations like these which help make the south such a special place.”
– A Toast to Oxmoor Estate, Tuesday, May 1, 5-9 p.m. This signature event of no more than 300 guests will feature a celebrity chef and a hand-selected group of west coast winery owners and winemakers. A VIP ticket offering available to 100 patrons will offer the chance to attend a private reception with the featured chef and winery participants. Mandro explains, “These guests will be the first to enjoy the main event and will be provided an exclusive opportunity to purchase the wines being featured during the night. They will also have a chance to linger in the private library lounge and enjoy specialty cocktails before departing with their premium swag bags.” Noted local designer Ron Wolz will design the look of A Toast to Oxmoor Estate.
– Garden Luncheon at Oxmoor Estate, Wednesday, May 2, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. This intimate luncheon for 75 guests will feature a menu of southern dishes and fresh ingredients from the gardens on the Estate. A local chef will prepare the multi-course fare and each table will be hosted by a west-coast winery owner or winemaker who will share their wines with the table. Local designer Marvin Dyer III from Dwellings will be the Garden Luncheon designer.
About Oxmoor Estate & Gardens
Oxmoor Estate was home to the Bullitt family from 1787 through 2005. The home, gardens and 16 outbuildings are unique and worthy of preservation. The goal of this event is to showcase the home and gardens while raising funds for restoration and preservation of this property, which is on the national register of historic places.
Michelle Mandro – firstname.lastname@example.org
Debra Locker – Debra@LockerPR.com
– Photographs courtesy of Oxmoor Estate via Debra Locker –