1) Write out your intentions for the season and set reminders in your phone. It’s easy to forget about your end-game when you’re in the daily hustle. Reminders are great to keep your life in a forward trajectory.
2) Call a friend. If you’re thinking about them, call them. Texting is my least favorite way to connect with others. It’s too impersonal unless you’re setting a play date with your gal pal, it’s best to pick up that black mirror and reach out to the people you hold dear.
3) Take a moment for yourself. Since a whole day isn’t available at times, take a moment. However long that may be and relax. It’s a busy life we all live, if you can’t stop to appreciate it you’ll eventually resent everything, everyone, and yourself.
4) Clean out your closet. Donate or sell unworn threads, shoes, and accessories.
5) Create a clean meal prep plan by finding recipes. Check out Pinterest or Google for easy recipes. I’ve seen and tried so many lately that I’m will become staples in our routine. Email me if you need any suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Go for a ride and turn your phone notifications off. Unroll the windows, weather permitting, and listen to your favorite song. The one song that always makes me feel at peace is “I’m Amazed.” by My Morning Jacket.
7) You know the book you have in your house that is yelling for you to read it every time you glance its way? Read the damn book. Read it for 10 minutes or 20 if you can. Crack that sucker open and stimulate your mind instead of scrolling your social media feed.
8) It’s a beautiful season, enjoy it. Take a short walk and don’t look at the black mirror. Take in the sights, smells, and allow the visual intoxication to put you into a serene space. Make it an athletic occasion if you want to go a long-distance or a leisurely stroll to take in the beauty of autumn.
9) Treat yo self! Spa day at home or a luxe spa; pending budget. You deserve to take a day, a few hours, an hour, or 30 minutes to put on a facemask and breathe. If you want to be super fancy; get your hair done, nails did, skin treatments, or whatever you think is a pampering experience. You deserve it every once in a while.
10) Detox Mode: Connect with one of your favorite people and make a pact to not be on your phones while you’re together. Don’t check email, social media, nor anything else on your black mirror. You’ll be surprised how much fun you’ll have when you live in the moment.
I hope you find some joy in these activities as this one of the most beautiful times of the year in Louisville.
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables