What do these two things have in common? Quite a bit if you’re open to it. Let me begin … At the end of a long day we want something to buffer out the hardships we’ve had to face. We can choose between an adult beverage or a relationship and sometimes it takes both.
Both things require directions and ingredients to make them work.
The Margarita is one of the most popular cocktails in North America and for good reason. Combining the tang of lime and the sweetness of orange liqueur with the distinctive strength of tequila, Liquor.com’s classic Margarita strikes all of the right keys.
With marriage, it is also a popular decision for many people across the nations and for good reason. Marriage fulfills the desires we have for companionship, love, and support. When they’re built on a stable foundation it can last a lifetime if both people want it to.
INGREDIENTS IN THE MARGARITA COCKTAIL:
– .75 oz Fresh squeezed lime juice
– 1 oz Cointreau, triple sec or another orange liqueur
– 1.5 oz Blanco tequila
– Kosher salt (optional)
INGREDIENTS IN A HEALTHY MARRIAGE:
– Strong Beliefs
HOW TO MAKE THE MARGARITA COCKTAIL:
– Add the ingredients to a shaker filled with ice and shake.
– Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
– Garnish with a lime wheel.
– For a slightly sweeter drink, add a dash of agave syrup (one part water, two parts agave nectar) before shaking.
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY MARRIAGE:
– Commitment means putting your spouse’s needs above your own. Studies show that the best indicator of marital well-being is how well each partner feels his or her needs are being met.
– Get away from the surface topics of daily life and communicate about your feelings; joys, hurts, and everything else. Dig deep and stay there.
– In our insta-world mentality it’s super easy to get frustrated when people don’t say, do, or listen the way you need them to but that’s where patience must be upheld. It’s not a microwave kind of a beauty that you’re making, it’s an oven based recipe. The good stuff takes some time but it’s worth it if you’re patient enough to get there.
– Your belief system has to align or at least be in the same book. Different page is still good but you’ll have more complications when the balance is thrown off by what one person thinks is acceptable and what the other doesn’t.
So which would you prefer? How about both? The first in moderation as love needs to build from more things than just fun. ❤️