Love, it’s a beautiful, wonderful, and crazy thing we all have for at least one other person. I think I’ve fallen in-love with almost everyone I’ve ever written about because I ask them all I want to know. When we feed our brain with the topics that entertain us we’re bound to fall for that person because it’s everything we want them to be.
Meeting someone can be a meeting it’s the representatives of that person that you are usually meeting. They’re straight laced, fine-tuned, and usually look ah-mazing. It takes an open mind to keep that love for going because as time moves forward, we learn more about that person and the glory of their perfections and flaws.
Flaws are where the chemical of love can either get in the way or it can lift you higher than you’ve ever dreamed possible … And sometimes it can do both; it’s the yin and yang. Your balance of good and bad that make your relationship that much better if you choose to see it.
But are you too high to focus? Possibly.
So here’s the 4-1-1 on the love chemical feels: When we fall in love a chemical is released into our brain and that makes us feel happy and all lovey dovey about that person. We see all of their positives and we want MORE. Lots and lots of it … As much as we can get … It’s a feeding frenzy and we’re fulfilling that gluttonous little trigger as much as we can because it’s dope. Well, it’s actually dopamine but is just as addictive as other drugs.
It’s also the chemical that is released with drugs, alcohol, and gambling. Thanks for the mixed huddle of addiction, brain! Totes appreciate it.
Now where it gets “adult-ish” is when the feel goods chemicals are released from the power of touching someone. * Get your mind out of the gutter and actually think about the power that touch can have. It’s from another hormone released called oxytocin. This is where the cuddly kind of love should be saved for someone that actually matters to you. Otherwise you’re triggering a chemical meant for intimacy while you’re just playing the field. Pretty dangerous stuff because that chemical can wear the mask of dopamine but it’s really not love at all, it’s lust.
Best advice I can give about the chemicals and how to handle them: When you find someone that gets you higher than a kite you should love them and treat them accordingly. The most dangerous thing someone can do is let the person that they love back out into this wild place we call earth. Because when you do you risk the possibility that this magical individual may never come back.
Love ’em while you got ’em and if they don’t love you back get your heart into rehab mode with the following 12 steps:
1) You admit that you’re powerless over love.
2) You believe that a power greater than yourself can restore your heart and mind to sanity.
3) You make a decision to turn over your heart to the care over of a higher power.
4) You make an inventory of who you are and what you want in life and love.
5) Admit to your higher power, yourself, and loved one the exact nature of your heartache.
6) You’re ready to have your higher power lift your heart and soul to remove your defects of pain.
7) Humbly seek healing for your shortcomings.
8) Write a list of the people that you’ve hurt now that you feel that same pain then make amends.
9) Make a direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10) Continue to take a personal inventory, and when you are wrong, promptly admitted it.
11) Seek to improve your conscious contact with your higher power as you understand it through prayer.
12) After you have a spiritual and loving awakening as a result of these steps, try to carry this message of healing heartache as a friend to others.