The lack of love women have for ourselves in today’s society is a complicated one. We’re told to love ourselves and be as outgoing as we can be and while doing that we need to also have to tolerate other women openly knocking one another. Why? Girl on girl crime is not an attractive reflection.
I’m not on a preaching because I’m guilty. My words are usually about women covering themselves when in “role model” situations because women don’t have to show it all to get respect. More men and women actually respect you more if you don’t. But that is a lesson that we all have to learn in our own time so my soapbox is more like a kitten heel that I try to stay off of.
I’ve been underweight, overweight, uncomfortable, swollen, skinny, and everything else that you can say about weight. My only regret is that I could have enjoyed a few of those weight classifications a bit longer.
When I was heavier in my 20’s from eating everything and anything and then to today’s day when I want to gain weight but I can’t because of Crohn’s. The shame spiral exists in both extremes. However, I’m told about my weight more often now than I ever did when I weighed more. The repetitive rants about how I should gain weight and where … As if I stay skinny on purpose. I don’t think I’ve ever knocked food out of anyone’s hand nor made someone pound cookies and cakes till they gain weight so I’m not sure where unwanted suggestions about on my body comes from but it’s not definitely not my favorite pastime.
Ignoring ignorance is a common trend we all have to stop. When we don’t it leaves the door open for the negativity to swing back at us and knock us down. So instead of knocking others down or even ourselves, let’s take the opportunity to remove that door from the equation and lift each other up with compliments.
And much like the rule when we’re little, if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Life’s hard enough. We don’t need to make it any more difficult.
Here’s a quick list of 10 Things Every Woman Should Learn:
1) Everyone has rolls on their stomach when they bend over.
2) When someone tells you you’re beautiful. Accept the compliment and thank them.
3) Get some sleep and know that we all roll out of bed looking a little rough.
4) This is a time when you can do and be anything, just know you don’t have to be everything.
5) Confidence is a necessity for everything. If you don’t believe in you, who will?
6) It’s okay not love everything about yourself, that’s called humility.
7) Don’t wait to be saved. Put on a cape and save yourself.
8) We all have a woman that we believe has it all. Know that no one has everything because life isn’t a fairy tale.
9) You must be first priority in terms of love. Not second. Not third. Not even a back-up one.
10) You are a woman and that in itself is a remarkable gift. Celebrate you being you.