Are you seeing double? Well, you should be … I posted a similar blog earlier this week but I took it down because it didn’t have the depth I desired for a lesson post.
If you’ve followed along enough you’ve read my “life lessons” as I’ve reflected against a list I made on my birthday last year.
Fast forward to today amd you’ll see that I didn’t complete it. I have a solid list of reasons I didn’t post them but it all comes down to a lesson I didn’t write then but know now; hesitation is the largest form of fear.
Fear of acceptance in life, blogging, my family, and every other group of peeps I exist with. After all, eavh of us wants to be accepted by the people we love and admire. Blogging requires a fierce amount of vulnerability and sometimes thick skin which I don’t always wear.
My illness became increasingly difficult to manage around my birthday two years ago. Stress kicked me when I was down and it just spiraled out of control; which makes autoimmune diseases run rampant.
I recently had another flare and it pushed me to throw myself back out into the wild west of writing and photo sharing.
Life’s nothing without connecting so this birthday I’m practicing what I post which is to be vulnerable. Showing one another our scars and battles open us up to judgement. But who wants to live in fear? Not me and I’m sure you don’t either.
So let’s live in the light by throwing caution into the wind and inviting others to connect because of our shared battle wounds.
Life is a constant battle for perserverance and it’s going to take each of us eventually … We might as well go out living the most authentic life we can.
Move over, fear! I’ve got a life to live, love, and share.
Without further ado, the list:
1) Time – Time is our most valuable gift. Don’t waste a second of it being sad or angry. It’s parts of your life that you can’t get back. Make it count!
2) Express Love – Tell everyone that you love that you love them while you have them in your life because before you know it they’ll be gone.
3) A moment like this. – Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this … Love is grand and I love the song. Thanks, Leeann Rimes! The hashtag is also one of my long-standing of all. I started using it when I was engaged. It’s a solid one. Check out the tags on my Instagram; @BellaOfLouisville
4) Nothing but love. – No matter what happens to you, don’t let love leave you.
5) Reset your life. – You can change who you are at any moment. Just decide to live the life you want and do everything healthy to get there.
6) Forgive all. – All the feels include all the bad ones … Forgive everyone and move on with it. The people that can’t are stumped, not you.
7) Time won’t give us time. – Time again, it’s a repetitive lesson.
8) Sparkle brighter. – Don’t change who you are for anyone. Glitter on, sweets.
9) Reflections – Take a moment to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Thanks, Ice Cube.
10) Listen to yourself. – Hello, it’s me. Who me? Yes you! Be sure to listen to yourself, you know the way. That authentic feeling will pull you in if you let it.
11) Time to fly. – Toxic things must come to an end but the only one that can make that change is you. Pack your emotional baggage and go. Let go.
12) Celebrate it all. – You’re here today, gone tomorrow. Wear your special ocassion outfit, your favorite perfume, and just getting through whatever you’re battling. No matter the size, small and large victories deserve major snaps!
13) Own your style. – Don’t let anyone put you in a box about you. You are you and no one else on earth can define you and if they do, run like hell. You don’t want anyone that defines you for you.
14) Here by grace. – Why are we where we are? Speculation can vary on beliefs but at the end of the day, none of us will ever have a definitive answer. However, we can all watch the sun set and have a connection to others and our world that is unshakable.
Below is a list that I didn’t get to because of polarizing fear. But I’m not afraid anymore.
15) Wander and wonder. – Wander far and wonder deeply. You’ll grow from both so do them often and reflect as you do. It’s better than staying in the comfort of the walls you build. Knock those walls out with the biggest wrecking ball possible. You’ve got a life to live and knowledge to cultivate.
16) Flower Power – I apologize for my obsession for them but they’re so beautiful! I just love them. Seriously though, whoever put flowers on earth must have known that these little things would bring so many people joy.
17) Mindful Movement – We think about our actions, our foods, our words, our connectivity, but we don’t think about ourselves enough. Mindfulness begins when we look inward and work objectively from there. Practicing a life that is proactive rather than reactive is much more peaceful.
18) Scars – We have them and we’re shameful of them because it makes us “different” but that “different” mark that we’re running from is what makes us so beautiful. No one else on this entire planet is you. Go out and rule.
19) Mirrors. – How amazing these pieces of glass can be. They reflect what is right in front of them; no matter how good or bad it is, it’s reality. They exist to allow us to view ourselves as we get ready and to help us when we drive. But the one thing you shouldn’t use them for too often is looking back in your rear view mirror. Whatever is behind you is meant to be there or else it would be with you right now. Push the petal to the metal and move onward.
20) Dream on little dreamer. – Hold onto your dreams tightly and don’t let the world take them away. Be sure to allow your dreams change as you grow because no one will ever hold you away from your dreams except for the person you see in the mirror; which is you.
21) Play. – Hey adults, quit adulting 24/7. Bring the element of play back into your life. Yes, you’re the head honcho or the boss lady but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun while you’re doing it. Stop taking yourself so seriously. Life is going through the sands of the hourglass and you could be on your last little grain. Laugh and play! It’ll feel great to be a kid again.
22) Call your folks. – They love you dearly and you exist because of them. As we grow up we forget that our parents are actually growing old with us.
23) Be of service. – You truly give what you get so give a lot but don’t expect anything in return. You’ll get more than you ever dreamed possible.
24) Higher Powers. – We all believe in something and I’m not going to argue who is right because I’m not going to judge anyone for having a religious preference different than mine unless it hurts others than that rule goes right out of the window. Being respectful and realize we’re all connected to something is when we can grow. Whether it’s the big guy in the sky or another preference, we have to have a common ground to exist with one another while we’re here or it’ll be hell.
25) Empathy – It’s important to have empathy for yourself and for others. When you look someone in the eye you connect with them. But the real connection comes when you’re able to place yourself in their shoes. This allows you to find an echo of yourself in their space.
26) Improving my Art – Being an artist means forever healing your own wounds and at the same time endlessly exposing them. Blogging is definitely my art because of my love for writing. I work on it every day and it’s my personal journey that I’m fortunate enough to have anyone read. Thank YOU for keeping my art in the universe and bringing it into your space.
27) Rescuers Rescue – I’ve rescued cats, dogs, friends, myself, my family, my love. And guess what? They’ve all rescued me back. Being a rescuer helped me cultivate a unique circle of friends that get my back without me having to even ask them. They’re my lighthouse on the darkest night and can bring me back onto shore when I’ve lost my way. Rescue a soul and watch them rescue you in return.
28) Moment capturing – Capture as many photos as you can. Right here, right in this moment, you’re as you are. Everything is the way it is. In another moment coming up, everything is different again. So capture this moment because it’s fleeting.
29) Spend time with different generations. – Younger generations will remind you of the play element we all take for granted. Older generations can guide you by sharing their journey; which allows you to hear their experience, gain strength from it, and hope to persevere.
30) Indulge – Let yourself enjoy the sweet pleasures of life. Most things are better in small doses. Give yourself a treat every now and then. You’ve earned it.
31) Dwell in the day. – Dwell in the possibilities of the life you are cultivating. It’s a form of mindfulness and living with intention. It keeps you dwelling in the moment and for the future. You’ll never be able to move forward in life unless you learn this dwell in the possibilities rather than your past. Focus.
32) Let’s make this glitter thing a thing. – I joke about “Throwing Glitter instead of Shade” because of an old inside joke about being labeled as a “Good Girl” but the label came about because a girlfriend and I were just “doing me” … It was from an era when I was heartbroken and tried to keep myself busy with my girlfriends and get out from my house. We were just out doing our own thing and making each other smile and laugh. So throw glitter or better yet, explode with it even when it’s to those that deserve it least because they need it the most.
33) You’ll land on your feet. – No matter where you fall, how long you fall, nor any other describable factor, you’re going to land on your feet so don’t fret about not making it to your destinations as fast as anyone else. You’re the only person that you should compete against. Comparison to others will only make you disappointed because you’re comparing yourself against a life that you know nothing of orher than the surface others portray. Look beyond the picture perfect persona and youll soon realize we’re all the same just trying to get through life.
34, I’m coming at you! I hope you’re ready cause here I come!
Time to grow!