This post works as a brief how-to and a special throwback for me as I’m still a newlywed.
May 2015 I went from single to engaged, yes there’s a long story attached to it but let’s save that in my history and well preserved in my blog.
The theme and point of reference for my engagement is that life happened fast and in the best way possible.I went to Charleston and my guy popped the question on a Friday, friends met us there on Saturday, and we came home to start the celebration on Sunday.
Being the social media marketer that I am, I immediately thought of the hashtag we’d use and our save the-dates images *Stay tuned for more info.* For me, it was one of the funnest first-steps of planning.Here’s how we selected ours:
1) We started with our names … #RickAndBella #BellaAndRick #PortaroToKueber #KuebersKeepingHer #KeepingUpWithTheKuebers … Then we found the perfect one … #HereComeTheKuebers
2) For our non-social media fluent friends, we made each letter of the first word connecting together capitalized. The readability helps everyone with using the hashtag and it gives away its pun immediately.
3) Make sure no one else is using your selected hashtag. If they are, you can add a new numbers to it make it different.
4) Spread the word kick-off your celebration by sharing the steps of this journey by using it in your social media posting.
5) Keep that hashtag going after the wedding is over. It’s my favorite way to review pictures from the first steps of our journey to the space we’re in now.
After your wedding, these will be the photos you’ll love having and you’ll look back at them to see all the fun that you were surrounded with and each person that you loved having by your side during this precious day.
Celebrate this special moment in your life!
Hashtags and Cheers to you!