Summer scorching temperatures are keeping everyone at the pool, at the lake, or the river.
But if it’s too hot for you, lean towards the option of staying indoors and create some fun memories that could last a lifetime with friends, dates, your partner, spouse, or even with your children.
Wondering what fun activities you can get into? Here’s a list of various things you can get into:
1. Visit the Louisville Free Public Library and discover how they’re the best kept secret in things to do.
2. Write random people that impact you and tell them thank you. With kids, help them brainstorm who to write and then mail the letters together.
3. Bust out the board games. Monopoly, Checkers, Twister, Jenga, Sorry … You call the shots on which one to play. It’s the simplest fun indoors.
4. Get crafty! Paint, draw, mold, et cetera. Get your creative juices flowing by trying to paint like your favorite artist or of an object you like.
5. Write out your goals, your hopes, your fears and how to overcome them. Check-in with yourself and write it all out. Figure out how you’ll get to the goals you’re working toward.
6. Go volunteer. Find a local nonprofit and go. Go hangout with an elderly neighbor or go love on some pups or kittens. Being of service is better than just sitting there.
7. Learn a new language. It takes time to do and how fun to do it with someone else.
8. Rest and relax. We’re all always on the go. Put your phone down and connect to the air you’re breathing, the company of the people around you, or just chill out and your own bestie.
Whatever you do, stay cool and hydrated because it’s essential to get past this heatwave.
Cool down tip: Put ice cubes on different pulse points and try placing a wet washcloth around your head or the back of your neck to feel cooler faster.