With so much going on in our world today it’s hard to pull ourselves away from the topics that are sad and seem unsolvable because they impact every single person on earth. We’re all in this together and compassion and love are the keys to push us forward.
Speaking of love … Let’s get back to that, even if it’s just for a moment this weekend.
Your mind and your soul need it. Take a break and breathe with your spouse, partner, or even just a friend. Just go and be with them and talk to each other about something that will heal each of you; even if it’s just a moment and if you can’t get to anyone … Find the sparkle / glitter / happiness inside you to push you through. You must be strong and believe in the magic of love and that it can transform any kind of hate that exists in our world today.
Here are some moments you can share in Louisville:
Today: July 9, 2016
1) Hang with Mother Nature:
• Go visit your local park. Walk around and take in the sunshine on your skin, the fresh smell of cut grass, to hear the cheer of children playing, and the time to just take life in. This is bliss provided by Mother Nature.
2) Try out a new foodie spot:
• FoodCraft is celebrating their Grand Opening for their brick & mortar shop. They invite you stop by and have a beverage and nibble on some grub. They’re open till 7:00 p.m.
o For more info, visit their Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1799716360314762/
3) REALLY REALLY FREE MARKET:
• Meet them at the playground in Tyler Park till 6:00 p.m.
NO MONEY. NO BARTER. NO TRADE. EVERYTHING IS FREE.
• The Really Really Free Market is a place where people come together to take what they want and give what they can. There is no money, trade, barter, advertising, or remuneration of any kind.
• The RRFM is an alternative to the capitalist free market, which isn’t free at all. The RRFM is based on the gift economy—where goods, services, food, skills, talents, discussions, workshops, and many other things that would benefit the community are free to take and give away.
• The RRFM is not just a means of getting things without paying. Participation in the RRFM helps build real community values, demonstrates an alternative to the current system of greed, commodification, competition, and exploitation, and helps dispel the Spectacular programming that comes from living in a capitalist society.
• What can I bring? Anything you’d like to give. From clothes that no longer fit to food, books, stories, crafts, services, performances, music, a skill you’d like to share, or anything else that you think would benefit the community.
• Don’t have anything to give away? Don’t worry; no exchange is necessary to participate. Please come out and take anything you like. It’s FREE!
• The RRFM is a strictly anti-capitalist event, so please leave your business cards at home. This event is not the proper place for advertising or promoting a business.
• The RRFM is organized on anarchist principles of mutual-aid, cooperation, and voluntary association. It is a decentralized, non-hierarchical, alternative to the market economy, with one rule…share and share alike. Another world is possible, but only if you want it!
Tomorrow: July 10, 2016
1) A Taste of Independents APRON: They’re inviting all to spend a lovely summer afternoon with us them as they celebrate the talent and diversity of Louisville’s Independent Restaurants at The Olmsted
at 3701 Frankfort Ave. from
1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 at the door. Visit their website: http://www.aproninc.org/events/
• Anoosh Bistro
• Bourbon’s Bistro
• Brasserie Provence
• The Bristol Bar and Grille
• Butchertown Grocery
• Cadillac Coffee
• Coal’s Artisan Pizza
• The Comfy Cow
• Commonwealth Tap
• DiFabio’s Casapela
• Equus/Jack’s Lounge
• Gary’s on Spring
• Gospel Bird
• The Hub
• Jack Fry’s
• Joella’s Hot Chicken
• Martini Italian Bistro
• Science Hill Inn
• The Silver Dollar
• Tony Boombazz
• The Uptown Cafe
• Ward 426
2) The weather is going to be beautiful again tomorrow. Take a minute for yourself to breathe and connect with the world outside of your realm. Buy flowers for a stranger, smile at someone and compliment them, open the door for an elderly neighbor, run an errand for a friend that needs help, or just go and visit someone. Life is short and we can’t leave our lives without making a positive impact on something or someone.
I wish you sunshine, love and peace this weekend and always.