In the “Wild Wild West” we call the “World Wide Web” there’s information to find about everything and anything your mind wonders about. You can read your heart out and still never cover all the articles, blog posts, and digital books that are available online.
Today I was looking up content for the next few months for one of my clients and Googled “how to” and to my surprise the top four hits were actual links that explained what “how to” meant. Is this real life? How can you not know what a “how to” is? All jokes aside, I’m going to skip the comedic relief about it to get to the next two hits: “how to survive a shark attack” and “how to hack into a computer”.
Since I’m not a fan of sharks nor computer hacking, these two Youtube videos will remain unwatched by me.
The topic I was hoping to find was “how to make the world a better place” and if you Google that topic, you’ll find pages of articles that will give you ideas. To save you from doing a Google search of similar findings, I have put together this super short list to give you an idea of things you can do:
2) Donate clothing.
3) Adopt a shelter animal.
4) Join a bone marrow registry.
5) Hug a friend or family member.
6) Do what you love to inspire someone else.
7) Be brave and use your voice to lift others up.
9) Pay it forward.
10) Create art.
11) Spend time with your kids without your phone.
12) Listen to someone that needs it.
13) Donate books.
14) Play with your dog or cat.
15) Stop judging other people.
16) Treat others the way you want to be treated.
17) Follow-up with friends to really schedule that coffee or lunch.
18) Make sure that the people you love know you love them.
19) Make healthy boundaries so you can be the best you.
20) Set goals.
21) Tip generously.
22) Compliment others often.
23) Send “thank you” texts and notes to friends just to thank them for being in your life.
24) Shine the light for others to shine.
25) Connect likeminded people.
26) Watch “It’s a Wonderful Life”
27) Walk in your local park.
28) Stroll around your favorite art museum as often as possible.
29) Push yourself, not others.
30) Shop, live, support, love local.
31) Celebrate everything.
32) Love what you love and don’t accept shame for it.
33) Eat something you love once a month.
34) Listen to music.
35) Try doing something new once a week.
36) Hold the door.
37) Let others talk.
38) Go on dates with your person.
39) Realize the best things in life are free.
40) When in doubt, write it out.
41) Let go of toxic products and people.
42) Don’t accept every invitation.
43) Learn when you’re a volunteer and a doormat.
44) Never give away your credit.
45) Be the person you needed when you were little.
46) Take your time.
47) Find joy in everyday things.
48) Buy flowers for others.
49) Have faith.
50) Love unconditionally.
I hope you’re able to take this list from another “Wild Wild West” landing page on the “world wide web” and apply it to your actual life. After all, life is about living so go do it and it’s best not to delay. Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone so you have to make your mark before the last grain of sand in your hourglass falls or should I say glitter?