“Note to Self: None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.” – Nanea Hoffman, Sweatpants and Coffee
This is a great quote I found online today. Life is too short to keep track of sadness, guilt, or resentment. Here are my takeaways and gold threads of how I’m applying them to my life.
1) Treat yourself like you’re important because if you don’t, who will? Once I treated myself like I mattered the universe responded by putting healthy people in my life that are capable of loving me and being there for me. It was a powerful shift that continues every single day.
I prayed for so much in the past few years. I prayed for someone to love me, for friendship, and to have people in all capacities who could love, be loved, accept and support me for me. In the picture above, you can see some of these wonderful people surrounding me.
2) Dieting or limiting my food in terms of what I can and cannot have isn’t always great but when I think of what I can have I’m much more at ease and exciting about eating because I love food and I’m always hungry … Always!
Delicious foods don’t have to be bad ones. It’s all about perspective. Switch your mind and think about new ways to eat according to your body and how to fuel it to give you the best quality of life possible.
Yes, I’m expressively happy even with my food. It makes me smile so yay!
3) The guilt someone sent me the other day about my life made me want to pull away from posting. Why? Their opinion of my life means nothing.
So why do people gossip and say mean things? Simple.
Hurt people, hurt people.
When someone says something mean to you just keep going. They’re attacking you because of something wrong with them not you. So walk in YOUR sunshine, no matter what.
I haven’t posted as much as I usually do because of someone else’s words. It’s just their words. It’s their narrative to my life not mine about my life. The reasons she attacked me was to shame me about being happy. Misery loves company.
Don’t feed their fuel by attacking back at them. That’s what they want you to do, they want you to think badly of yourself and fight with them. Ignore this immature manipulation. Instead, rise above their meanness and walk away. You’ll win because you’re not losing your integrity by sinking to their level.
4) Jumping into the sea or anything else that scares you can be the thing that eventually sets you free. I’m terrified of things in the ocean but I’m in it and near it. Pushing myself as much as I can because it’s life. If I don’t jump in it’s going to conquer my spirit. I want my life to sparkle like this ocean.
This can be quite literal. There’s a quote that floats around the internet about doing one thing each day that scares yourself. It’s brilliant and true. When you do this you feel liberated and you allow yourself to grow. If you’re not growing, your dying. Grow, baby, grow!
5) Say your truth. Say it till your blue in the face. Say it regardless as to how frightened you are. If you don’t speak your truth people will give you your truth by providing it for you to you or to others. Take your power over your life by saying how you feel, what you’ve been through, and how you live. It doesn’t matter if it upsets anyone, it’s your life. Live and post however your little heart desires because in the end it’s your life.
6) Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. Yes, yes, and yes! When people love you for you it creates the environment for your silliness, kindness, and weirdness to shine. If you can’t with your peeps, who can you let your walls down around? Life’s too short to not be silly, kind, or weird.
My husband and played a quick game of hand slaps before we exchanged our vows. I don’t think anyone caught it but it was enough to make us smile. Learning / remembering how to play and be silly with the your partner is refreshing and will add a lot if joy to the relationship.
If you love someone tell them. Tell them every day. You could walk out of the door and never see them again. Don’t let pride block you. If they block you then walk away. However, if they love you they will treat you the way you deserve and tell you how much they love you and why. It’s not about pride, it’s about love and according to The Beatles it’s all you need.
Being kind to strangers and loved ones is free. It doesn’t cost a thing so why not throw glitter around? Be nice to others for a week and don’t complain. See how much your life changes by sending positivity into the world. It’s amazing.
Weird … You’re weird. I’m weird. We’re all weird. Just because someone doesn’t like your type of weird and / or you don’t like theirs, it isn’t a bad thing. Sometimes people won’t like someone and it can be for the weirdest reasons. Just find your tribe of weirdos and carry on dancing to the beat of your own life soundtrack.
Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone. A lot of people that died today had a to-do list for themselves this upcoming day, this upcoming week, this upcoming year, and so on. NOW is the only time we all have. Make the most out of it! Live a happy, healthy, kind, aware, weird, goofy, and loving life. Don’t waste any more time.
Dance. Love. Breathe. Laugh. Live. Just be.